It’s important to be organized with the creation of the illustrations. Check what to draw from the lists and finish one subcategory before starting something else. Remember to mark the elements that are created.
Guide to naming illustrations:
- The designer name must be in the illustrations’ names.
- The collection name must be in the illustrations’ names.
- The name offer descriptive information from general to specific.
- Name your illustrations from the list.
- The design style must be in the illustrations’ names.
- Make sure your illustrations’ names are in English.
- Words do not start with capital letters.
- Do not leave empty spaces between words, use hiphen instead (underscore between a word created by two words).
- If the illustrations are not from a list, give appropriate names. Try and choose words that best represent your illustrations.
- It is not allowed to add numbers into the illustrations instead add descriptive names. There is no need to add numbers to your illustrations’ names, even if you are uploading multiple versions.
Parts of the name:
- 0000-: illustrator ID (the code you receive as illustraStock illustrator).
- Collection-: Name of the collection (Matrix, OpenCity, Perspective, 3Dimensions).
- IllustrationCategory-: or IC is the name of the category of the illustration (second level).
- IllustrationName-: or IN is the name of the illustration (from one list).
- IllustrationSecondaryName-: or ISN is a complement of the name (a optional descriptive name).
- IllustrationComplementName1-: or ICN1 is a complement of the name (a optional descriptive name).
- IllustrationComplementName2-: or ICN2 is a different complement of the name, as more than one complement name is allowed.
- Style: The style of the illustration.
- .extension: .png or .ai
We have 4 possibilities for naming the illustrations:
- if the illustration is not in one list, we have to find an appropiate name;
- if the illustration belongs to one list, we use the name of the list;
- if the illustration is an extension of one draw from one list, we use the same name with a secondary name;
- if the illustration is a variation of a current draw, we could change the name or to use the same name with an extension of the name, upon the type of variation;
- if the illustration is a new style of one current illustration, we use the same name with the name of the style.
Back to Standardisation Policy.